The First Latin America Startup Digital Accelerator: We accelerate 100 companies to market each year. Our accelerator program is open to all small businesses, startups, and freelancers connected to Latin America. Each application round is rolling admission until we select our top 100. We then select the top 10 companies from the applicant pool to pitch investors on demo day. The top 3 are announced the next day and proceed to get capital investment with our investor network.
The program has several components.
- Part 1 Startup Development: First is the accelerator program that includes intense startup development training followed by an online demo day for the top ten companies to pitch investors, press and global accelerator directors.
- Part 2 Mentorship: Once companies complete the program- they are given access to monthly startup development training with mentorship from successful Latin American entrepreneurs.
- Part 3 Progress & Investment: Companies are given an opportunity to submit updates on their companies 2x per year to and pitch our investor network for capital.
Accelerator Program Dates:
2016 Accelerator Agenda :
December 5, 2016, Monday
- 7pm-7:15: Orientation
- 7:15-7:30: How to Launch a Company in 24 hours
- 7:30-7:45: How to Ideate, Beta Test, & Pitch
- 7:45-8:00: How to Build an MVP in 30 Days
- 8:00-8:15: How to Market Your Product in 30 Days (Custome Acquisition-Growth Hacking)
- 8:15-8:30: How to Raise $250k in free prizes, grants, and partnerships
- 8:30-9:00: Entrepreneurship Keynote Series
- Keynote: Artur: Founder and CEO of Adopets and Mentor Manager at MassChallenge
- Keynote: Carla Muttoni Pino: Co-founder and Business Strategy Director of Slant
- 9:00-9:30 Q/A
December 6, 2016, Tuesday
- 7pm-7:15 Review and remarks
- 7:15-8:00 Ecosystem Leaders Keynote Series
- Keynote: Angie Carrillo (Building startup ecosystems in Latin America)
- Keynote: Kerstin Karu (Forbes30Under30+ Lean LaunchPad)
- Keynote: Maite (Girls in Tech Chile)
- Keynote: Juliane Butty (SeedStars)
- Keynote: Thiane Loureiro (Corporate Communications and CSR Director for Latin America at CA Technologies- Brazil)
- 8:00-9:00 Online Pitch Demo Day w/ Startup Judges
- 9:00-9:30 Q/A with the judges
- 9:30-10:00 Final closings, offers, and announcements
More Prizes TBA:
- SendGrid Package: $1,560 worth of credits with SendGrid ($129.95 / month for 12 months)
- Tech Event Package: VIP tickets to Haiti Tech Summit- the biggest largest conference in the Caribbean. The winning team will receive (2 tickets, value of $995 each)
Senior Manager, Impact Partnerships at Singularity, Erika is a Social Entrepreneur and Virtual Realities creator and evangelist. She brings together communities, startups, nonprofits and NGOs to ensure projects and organizations are both cutting edge and fully integrated to deliver multi-sided value. She achieves this by supporting purpose-driven exponential technologies and strong sustainable business models. Erika spends significant time evangelizing the possibilities of Virtual Realities while also spending time creating 360-degree immersive photography and films. She founded two companies to empower the voices of people looking to tell their own story.Erika has worked at the intersection of public and private collaboration for over 10 years in the fields of Governance, Water, and Prosperity. She is versed in multi-stakeholder management; systemic innovation and developing under-represented communities. Her work is fueled by empathy, creativity, and joy. Erika holds a Masters degree in Social Entrepreneurship and a BA in English and Theater from University of Michigan.
Juliane graduated from the HEG Fribourg with a trilingual degree in Business Administration and holds a diploma in International Management from the FGV of Sao Paulo. Originally from Switzerland, she is Brazilian in her heart. After her studies, she moved to Sao Paulo to work for Aliança Emprendedora, an organisation that aims to foster entrepreneurship among low income and discriminated communities. With a team of inspired changemakers, she helped micro entrepreneurs to establish and grow their business. She created a Network of Entrepreneurs in the favela of Vila Prudente. When she is not around Latin America seeking the best startups and connecting highly creative people with her incredible associate Romulo, you can meet her in the swiss mountains or travelling in a camper with her super super best friends!
Education & Innovation director for ASEP Association of Peruvian Entrepreneurs member of ASELA, Association of Latin American Entrepreneurs. Angie is an entrepreneur. Her passions are education, gender equality and exponential technologies. Angie is board member of Liks, an online platform to teach kids robotics and programming, the only winner from Latin America of Moonbots, part of Google Lunar X Prize. Angie also has a non profit to teach girls to code and is the Regional Ambassador and Master Educator for Technovation, the largest competition for girls in tech entrepreneurship. In the past, Angie has also worked as a business consultant for large Fortune 500 companies. She holds a BA from the Tecnologico de Monterrey and was chosen as the 100 Best from Latin America by the ITESM.
Kerstin Karu is an entrepreneurship facilitator, working with universities, accelerators and government institutions across the world that seek to empower startup growth through LaunchPad Central’s unique lean innovation software founded by Steve Blank. Simultaneously, Kerstin helps startup founders succeed on a global scale by providing them with personal and business development-focused training as a startup advisor within the Draper University network. In the past, Kerstin co-founded Blast Innovations, a Silicon Valley-based marketing software company, for which she was chosen in the Forbes Estonia 30 Under 30 list in 2015. Kerstin has also worked as a market research analyst for the largest automotive appearance products company Turtle Wax, started a fashion eCommerce business while at university, and presented as a TEDx speaker in the United Kingdom.
Artur is a social entrepreneur and founder of several inspiring ventures throughout the years. His mission is to support other entrepreneurs in all their endeavors, working together to develop ventures that will impact the world in a powerful and positive way. Currently the Founder and CEO of Adopets and Mentor Manager at MassChallenge.He is a proud winner of a United Nations MDG Award and Member of the Royal Academy of Arts & Music, located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He has participated in several human rights initiatives and has been an activist for Hansen’s disease eradication. In addition, he is known as an enthusiastic theater professor and public speaker. As he continues on his journey of social impact, he hopes to build on his achievements by using entrepreneurship to break the poverty cycle.After living in a variety of places, like Japan, Sweden, Brazil and the United States he decided to call the U.S. his home.
Maitetxu Larraechea is the Managing Director for Girls in Tech’s presence in Chile, and also runs Academia Ada Lovelace, a 4-month program for Chilean women with tech-based business ideas in a pre-seed stage. Former staff at Start-Up Chile, Larraechea is a journalist and likes reading and binge-watching series