Latin America Startups launched in the hopes of centralizing resources, programs, and events for Latin American entrepreneurs. Upon finding limited opportunities for the region, the company launched the first Latin American Digital Accelerator to accelerate 100 startups to market per year.
- Check out the 100+ companies selected for the 2016 Batch.
- Check out the top 10 companies selected for 2016 Demo Night.
- Apply to the 2017 Digital Accelerator.
The inaugural program launched on December 5th with a 2-day startup development program, followed by a virtual demo day for 10 selected companies. Demo judges included angel investors, global accelerator leaders, and press. Current prizes include a SendGrid Package: $1,560 worth of credits with SendGrid ($129.95 / month for 12 months) and VIP tickets to Haiti Tech Summit- the largest conference in the Caribbean with 1000+ attendees and 100+ investors (valued at $995 each). In 2017, the top 3 companies will be featured in press and media outlets and introduced to top investors in the region.
Now, for the final results! We are pleased to announced the top 3 winners for the 2016 Latin America Startups Digital Accelerator! Winners represented Chile, Peru and Mexico.
First Place with 30 Judge Points
2nd Place with 22 Judge Points:
3rd Place with 20 Judge Points
We also asked the public to submit votes for their favorite team. We are pleased to announced that Communidad Feliz also won the popular vote. Followed by EnjoyMarket
If you missed it, here was the 2016 Accelerator Agenda below. Apply Now to the 2017 Accelerator!
December 5, 2016, Monday
- 7pm-7:15: Orientation
- 7:15-7:30: How to Launch a Company in 24 hours
- 7:30-7:45: How to Ideate, Beta Test, & Pitch
- 7:45-8:00: How to Build an MVP in 30 Days
- 8:00-8:15: How to Market Your Product in 30 Days (Custome Acquisition-Growth Hacking)
- 8:15-8:30: How to Raise $250k in free prizes, grants, and partnerships
- 8:30-9:00: Entrepreneurship Keynote Series
- Keynote: Artur: Founder and CEO of Adopets and Mentor Manager at MassChallenge
- Keynote: Carla Muttoni Pino: Co-founder and Business Strategy Director of Slant
- 9:00-9:30 Q/A
December 6, 2016, Tuesday
- 7pm-7:15 Review and remarks
- 7:15-8:00 Ecosystem Leaders Keynote Series
- Keynote: Angie Carrillo (Building startup ecosystems in Latin America)
- Keynote: Kerstin Karu (Forbes30Under30+ Lean LaunchPad)
- Keynote: Maite (Girls in Tech Chile)
- Keynote: Juliane Butty (SeedStars)
- Keynote: Thiane Loureiro (Corporate Communications and CSR Director for Latin America at CA Technologies- Brazil)
- 8:00-9:00 Online Pitch Demo Day w/ Startup Judges
- 9:00-9:30 Q/A with the judges
- 9:30-10:00 Final closings, offers, and announcements